Date:      Thu, 28 Jun 2001 20:14:24 -0700
From:      "Brigg Angus" <brigg@flatlan.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: somewhat interesting rm issue

Thanks for the reply, as I hadn't thought of that and useful for future
problems.  It would have been unlikely for spaces to exist in the file name
since I renamed the file (was extra special careful) and the chmod command
worked without too much misgivings. There were no error messages associated
with the rm or rm-rf commands.

As it turns out, the solution was easy (maybe even obvious).  I simply
rebooted the Windows machine and was then able to rm the file.  What weird
perfidious SMB parameter held its evil grip on this file to such an extent
as to prevent deletion is beyond my understanding, but that probably rests
in the purview of Samba.

Thanks,
Brigg

> What error messages are you getting?  Maybe the name contains some spaces.
> Try rm -i blah*
>
> Chris

SE