Date:      Sat, 22 Aug 1998 17:28:30 -0400 (EDT)
From:      CyberPeasant <djv@bedford.net>
To:        gnut@nut.kiev.ua (Oles' Hnatkevych)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: pig game

Oles' Hnatkevych wrote:
> Hello!
>
>    English is foreign to me so I came up with the question.
>

>    There is a game called pig with a small source and a somewhat
> comprehensive manual page. But _I_ still don't get what is it ;-)
>
>    Please tell me what is the purpose and how I am to use this
> advanced utility. Who is the author? What made him to produce it?
>
>    Thanks in advance.
>
> Best wishes,
>
>     Oles Hnatkevych, http://gnut.kiev.ua

It translates stdin to Pig Latin, a sort of toy language based on English.

I don't know who made it, but why he did is probably explained by
the saying, "An idle mind is the Devil's workshop, and idle hands, his tools."

Dave

This message in Pig Latin:

Itway anslatestray instday otay igPay atinLay, away ortsay ofway
oytay anguagelay asedbay onway Englishway.

Iway onday'tay owknay owhay ademay itway, utbay ywhay ehay idday
isway obablypray explainedway ybay ethay ayingsay, "Anway idleway
indmay isway ethay evilDay'say orkshopway, andway idleway andshay,
ishay oolstay."

aveDay

isThay essagemay inway igPay atinLay: