Date:      Thu, 20 Apr 1995 17:35:37 +0200
From:      Andras Olah <olah@cs.utwente.nl>
To:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Programs using kmem always dump core

On Thu, 20 Apr 1995 13:12:08 +0200, Andras Olah wrote:
> Programs that use kvm (e.g. ifconfig, savecore, kvm_mkdb at bootup,
> but also netstat or ps) dump core on my current machine.  I've

I've found the (partial) solution in an earlier posting of Bruce.  A
week ago he wrote about an mmap() bug which causes stripped kernels
to have an invalid symbol table.  Until now I've used kernels which
were 'config -g' -ed and then I 'strip -x' -ed them before
installation.  I compiled a kernel without -g and there're no more
core dumps.

Andras