Date:      Sat, 19 Jul 1997 17:01:14 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Adam David <adam@veda.is>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   fatal double fault

I had an NFS client and X server machine double fault panic on me today.
There's a heavily loaded machine with all kinds of servers running that is
holding out robustly. This is with current from before the NFSweb stuff
was added. It might have nothing to do with NFS or X.

The only debug info that I have follows:

/kernel: Fatal double fault:
/kernel: eip = 0xf01bf6a5
/kernel: esp = 0xf3859e9c
/kernel: ebp = 0xf3859ec0
/kernel: panic: double fault

# nm /kernel | sort | dwimgrep
f01bf390 F swtch.o
[...]
f01bf57c T _cpu_switch
f01bf5ce t sw1
f01bf5cf t sw1a
f01bf5fd t rt3
f01bf605 t nortqr
f01bf637 t idqr
f01bf665 t id3
f01bf66b t swtch_com
f01bf6b4 T cpu_switch_load_fs
f01bf6ba T cpu_switch_load_gs
f01bf6c4 T _savectx

If this is not useful information, perhaps it would make sense to log more
verbosely without requiring a full crash dump to be made.

--
Adam David <adam@veda.is>