Date:      Sun, 31 Oct 1999 22:10:42 -0800 (PST)
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
To:        menger@dhs.org
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Group limit

On Mon, 1 Nov 1999 menger@dhs.org wrote:

> Hello,
> 	According to config, there is no such option as NGROUPS_MAX. Are
> you sure that I am ment to set this inside my kernel config file?

no, i'm lying to you just to malicious...

Dan Nelson actually has a better way:

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=1284824+1287592+/usr/local/www/db/text/1998/freebsd-questions/19980517.freebsd-questions

-Alfred

> 	from,
> 		Matthew Enger
> 		menger@dhs.org
>
> On Sun, 31 Oct 1999, Alfred Perlstein wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 1 Nov 1999 menger@dhs.org wrote:
> >
> > > Hello,
> > > 	We are running a system at school which groups teachers by subject
> > > area. Unfornatualy some teachers need to be in alot of areas including 2
> > > which are members of over 16 groups. When they reach this "limit" they
> > > seem to be unable to access any more groups past the first 16. Is there
> > > any way around this limit?
> >
> > This has been asked many times on the list, try increasing NGROUPS_MAX
> > in your kernel config file, be aware that this can cause problems with
> > NFS though.
> >
> > -Alfred

-Alfred Perlstein - [bright@rush.net|alfred@freebsd.org]
Wintelcom systems administrator and programmer
   - http://www.wintelcom.net/ [bright@wintelcom.net]