Date:      Fri, 17 Jul 1998 10:53:22 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chris Browning <brownicm@netunlimited.net>
To:        "Paul T. Root" <proot@horton.iaces.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, plamendp@techno-link.com
Subject:   Re: can't su

On 17-Jul-98 Paul T. Root wrote:
> In a previous message, Chris Browning said:

>> > Make the non-root user belong to the wheel (0) group
>> > in
>> > the passwd
>> >
>> > --
>> > Plamen D. Petkov
>>
>> Passwd and master.passwd both? Tried that, no luck.
>>

> Nope. The non-root user has to appear on the wheel line
> in /etc/group.

Manpage mentioned that. Already checked. It's there. It
gets deleted and added as I rmuser or adduser. How about
this: On the console with all other virtual tty's at a
login prompt, 'who' gives root on ttyv and brownicm on ttyp?
Any help? Do I need to kill this? How? Irrelevant? Thanks.

Chris Browning
brownicm@netunlimited.net