Date:      Thu, 4 Apr 2002 10:43:52 -0500
From:      "Bryan Gembusia" <bryan@yycs.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Compiling Xfree86-4.2.0

I am trying to compile XFree86-4.2.0, and I keep getting errors about the
location of the previous definition.  It then gets the familiar Stop Error
code 1 messages that we all love so much.  I HAVE SEARCHED THE ARCHIVES and
cannot find anything there that helps me.  I have also tried breaking up the
port as suggested in the archives by installing the libraries and clients
and so on as seperate pieces.  I believe this is an IMAKE problem, but am
not sure.  Any help would be great, but I think I am headed back to linux
where X compiles.

BG