Date:      Mon, 5 Feb 2001 11:05:00 +0200 (IST)
From:      Roman Shterenzon <roman@harmonic.co.il>
To:        Marius <marius@mail.communityconnect.com>
Cc:        Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Multiple dropped thttpd connections under high load.

On Thu, 1 Feb 2001, Marius wrote:

> I havn't quite gotten around to rebuilding thttpd as people kindly
> suggested. Actually, the port of thttpd is an older version of thttpd then We
> are running, so it is not just a matter of rebuilding a port.  And
> secondly, it is a highly customized version of thttpd, patched in several
> places to work better with out local setup.  It is not a trivial matter,
> but I guess that _is_ what I will have to try next.  I have been putting
> it off.
>
> Thank you for the suggestions folks.  I'll try to report back when I make
> some progress for interested parties.  (other thttpd users etc.)

I aggree that the problem must be fixed (if it exists).
But, in your specific situation, in production environment, why not stay
with RELENG_3 ?
Are you missing some features (since most bugfixes get MFS4'ed)?
You can try using some tools like vmstat in order to undertand where's the
bottleneck and why...

--Roman Shterenzon, UNIX System Administrator and Consultant
[ Xpert UNIX Systems Ltd., Herzlia, Israel. Tel: +972-9-9522361 ]