Date:      Wed, 10 Mar 2004 20:43:05 -0500
From:      Barney Wolff <barney@databus.com>
To:        Rob <nospam@users.sourceforge.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Soundcard "C-Media Electronics Inc CM8738" with FreeBSD?

On Thu, Mar 11, 2004 at 10:30:11AM +0900, Rob wrote:

> I'm asked to replace an OS by FreeBSD on a PC which has the
> soundcard "C-Media Electronics Inc CM8738".
>
> I don't want to end up with a system that does not have sound.
> Can someone tell me whether this card works? And if yes, tell
> me a few details what to do to get it work.

The motherboard sound on my Asus A7M266-D is listed as
pcm0: <CMedia CMI8738> at io 0x9800 irq 17 (1p/1r/0v channels duplex default)
and works fine with modules snd_cmi and snd_pcm loaded.  That's on -current,
but I don't think it would be different on -stable.

--
Barney Wolff         http://www.databus.com/bwresume.pdf
I'm available by contract or FT, in the NYC metro area or via the 'Net.