Date:      Fri, 23 Aug 2019 16:56:35 +0100
From:      Steve O'Hara-Smith <steve@sohara.org>
To:        Andrea Venturoli <ml@netfence.it>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Running an Android app

On Fri, 23 Aug 2019 16:19:22 +0200
Andrea Venturoli <ml@netfence.it> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I'm trying to run an Android app on 11.3/amd64.
>
> First thing I tried was to install Android-x86 in VirtualBox: alas, it
> boots, but as soon as it should switch to graphical mode, it gets stuck
> with a black screen.
> Anyone succeded here?
>
> Any other way to run an Android app?

	Linux has anbox which runs Android directly on the linux kernel with
abstracted hardware drivers in LXC wrapping, I don't know if anyone has
tried porting it to FreeBSD - obviously jails would have to replace LXC but
I've no idea if the linux ABI support is good enough.

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith <steve@sohara.org>