Date:      Mon, 8 Feb 1999 10:39:32 -0600
From:      Peter Cox <pcox@kellogg.nwu.edu>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Identd problems

'lo all -
On Friday, I did a make world from that day's sources. The previous build
had been in early December I think.

Anyway, once I got the new sources down and compiled I started seeing funny
problems with identd (2.8.2) - telnetting to the identd port would work
fine, but IRC servers wouldn't allow me to connect - they complained they
couldn't talk to identd.

I installed 2.8.5 today, and with the -l option in inetd.conf, I saw these
messages when trying to connect to an IRC server:
Feb  8 10:16:43 orthanc identd[9960]: getbuf: bad address (000001c2 not in
f0117580-0xFFC00000) - pfd

Anyone have any insight?

Thanks,
Peter