Date:      Tue, 28 Nov 2017 10:56:45 -0800
From:      "Chris H" <bsd-lists@BSDforge.com>
To:        "Julian Elischer" <julian@freebsd.org>
Cc:        <ports@FreeBSD.org>, "Kurt Jaeger" <lists@opsec.eu>
Subject:   Re: can I get a 'mentor' who can guide me on the topic of python module ports?

On Tue, 28 Nov 2017 08:56:12 -0800 <bsd-lists@BSDforge=2Ecom> said

> On Wed, 29 Nov 2017 00:31:56 +0800 "Julian Elischer" <julian@freebsd=2Eorg>
> said
>=20
> > On 28/11/17 11:09 pm, Chris H wrote:
> > > On Tue, 28 Nov 2017 07:29:10 +0100 "Kurt Jaeger" <lists@opsec=2Eeu> sai=

> > https://www=2Efreebsd=2Eorg/doc/en_US=2EISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/book=
=2Ehtml
> > >=20

> > > Not to discount anything Kurt as already suggested
> > > But I'd just like to throw in a couple of things that come to mind=2E
> > > You can think of this as a short learning curve, or the highway to=20
> > > hell=2E
> > > You decide=2E
> > >
> > > 1) With a brand new port; I have often found it makes it quicker to=
=20
> > > find a
> > > already existing port that closely resembles the one I'm attempting=
=20
> > > to create,
> > > and either gut it, or simply replace the parts required=2E
> > >
> > > 2) Given it's the Python Azure SDK=2E I'd probably go with the=20
> > > following location:
> > > https://github=2Ecom/Azure/azure-sdk-for-python
> > > The opening page nearly creates the port for you=2E :)
> >=20
> > well it may for you but for me it's all a learning curve where I need=
=20
> > to discover the significance of every little thing=2E
> Ahh, sure OK=2E Now I have a little better base line to work with=2E
> I'll cobble up a starting point, and post it for you=2E :)
> FYI my dev box is out of commission right now, so there'll be some testin=
> required on you're part=2E :)
OK I'm dealing with network woes here=2E So I'm a little slow in responding=2E
But=2E=2E=2E I've got a Makefile in the works=2E In the mean time, in case you've
already got something started; here's the Build/Requires/Depends list:

Requires
--------
python2-azure-sdk:
    py-openssl
    python(abi)
    py-dateutil
    py-requests
    py-vcrpy

python3-azure-sdk:
    python(abi)
    py3-dateutil
    py3-openssl
    py3-requests
    py3-vcrpy

Provides
--------
python2-azure-sdk:
    python-azure
    python-azure-common
    python-azure-mgmt
    python-azure-mgmt-common
    python-azure-mgmt-compute
    python-azure-mgmt-network
    python-azure-mgmt-nspkg
    python-azure-mgmt-resource
    python-azure-mgmt-storage
    python-azure-nspkg
    python-azure-sdk
    python-azure-servicebus
    python-azure-servicemanagement-legacy
    python2-azure
    python2-azure-common
    python2-azure-mgmt
    python2-azure-mgmt-common
    python2-azure-mgmt-compute
    python2-azure-mgmt-network
    python2-azure-mgmt-nspkg
    python2-azure-mgmt-resource
    python2-azure-mgmt-storage
    python2-azure-nspkg
    python2-azure-sdk
    python2-azure-servicebus
    python2-azure-servicemanagement-legacy

python3-azure-sdk:
    python3-azure
    python3-azure-common
    python3-azure-mgmt
    python3-azure-mgmt-common
    python3-azure-mgmt-compute
    python3-azure-mgmt-network
    python3-azure-mgmt-nspkg
    python3-azure-mgmt-resource
    python3-azure-mgmt-storage
    python3-azure-nspkg
    python3-azure-sdk
    python3-azure-servicebus
    python3-azure-servicemanagement-legacy

I haven't prefaced them with the [port] appropriate categories=2E But this
part completes most of the grunt work to create this port=2E :)

--Chris
>=20
> >=20
> > thanks though=2E=2E
> You're *quite* welcome=2E :)
>=20
> --Chris
> >=20
> > > HTH
> >=20
> > every bit helps
> >=20
> > >
> > > --Chris

> > > 3101372=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=
=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=
=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0 3=20