Date:      Fri, 27 Aug 2004 19:04:00 +0100
From:      Lewis Thompson <lewiz@fajita.org>
To:        Aaron Siegel <aj@siegel-tech.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Roaming tunnel (IPSEC or something).

--IS0zKkzwUGydFO0o

On Fri, Aug 27, 2004 at 03:40:08PM +0100, Lewis Thompson wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 27, 2004 at 08:28:58AM -0600, Aaron Siegel wrote:
> > Hello
> > I am in the process of setup a similar configuration using poptop to cr=
eate a=20
> > pptp link between a static server and a roaming computer with an anonym=
ous.  =20
> > There is also l2tpd from what I read it is more secure than pptp but it=
 does=20
> > not work through a NAT.  I will hopefully get this up and running soon =
sofar=20
> > I have only been able to create an unencrypted pptp link.
>=20
> That sounds very interesting.  I don't suppose you would let me see any
> notes you make when you get a bit further along?  I've not got much
> further -- mainly because I've been trying to get my sound card working
> properly.

I've just spent a while playing around with mpd and I have successfully
got what I wanted working.

  On the server there is an mpd daemon.

  I have connected successfully with my laptop (running mpd as a client)
and also with a remote Windows XP SP2 machine (my friend somewhere else
in England).

  Only thing is that it's encrypted at just 128kbit.  Something more
along the lines of 256kbit-1024kbit would be much nicer ;)

-lewiz.

--=20
I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now.  --Bob Dylan, 1964.
-| msn:purple@lewiz.net | jabber:lewiz@jabber.org | url:www.lewiz.org |-

--IS0zKkzwUGydFO0o

--IS0zKkzwUGydFO0o--