Date:      Tue, 24 Mar 1998 23:17:58 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>
To:        Satoshi Asami <asami@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        database@FreeBSD.ORG, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [PORTS] Pgaccess doesn't run on -current anymore, Update

On Tue, 24 Mar 1998, Satoshi Asami wrote:

>  * Why?
>
> Because it's a waste of time.  If you want to know what happened
> before, anyone can go check the mail archives.

I've watched all the tcl battles rage on from a distance, not
paying too much attention in general.  If things have indeed
settled down, it would be good to put a couple paragraphs in the
porting manual to explain the tcl mess, maybe with a little note
about why the current scheme is less evil than other possible
strategies.

-john