Date:      Thu, 24 Jul 1997 15:43:15 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        rhh@ct.picker.com (Randall Hopper)
Cc:        louie@TransSys.COM, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   sb16 request

Hi,

I am looking at the sb16 operation in full duplex using dual dma (one
8-bit, the other 16-bit):

Which one fo the following approaches people prefers:

1. always use 16-bit for play, 8-bit for record;
2. always use 16-bit for record, 8-bit for play;
3. allocate the 16-bit channel to the first type of request (read or
   write) and use the 8-bit channel for the other one.

or

4. define a new ioctl to chose which channel gets the 16-bit dma and
   which one gets the 8-bit dma, with some default camong those
   described before.

	Cheers
	Luigi

P.S. I don't have an SB16 so I will then need someone to help with
testing...