Date:      Fri, 16 Mar 2018 05:20:27 -0400
From:      Derek <derek@chezmarcotte.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: freebsd-update: holding back patches, or to a specific version

On 18-03-15 05:32 PM, Lowell Gilbert wrote:
> "Derek (freebsd lists)" <482254ac@razorfever.net> writes:
>
>> Was wondering if anyone knows a way to *not* update to the latest
>> patch level, but a specific patch level with freebsd-update?
>
> Maybe I'm missing your real question, but isn't that just the '-r' option?

Thanks!  Nope -r should be it, but I don't think you can specify
patch level.  If I do:

   freebsd-update -r 11.1-RELEASE-p7 upgrade

I get:

   Fetching metadata signature for 11.1-RELEASE-p7 from
update6.freebsd.org... failed.

I'm trying with just:

   freebsd-update -r 11.1-RELEASE upgrade

to see where I get, but I suspect I'll be at 11.1-RELEASE-p8 at
the end of it.  (I don't want -p8 right this second).

I'll send an update when I see how it goes...

Thanks
Derek