Date:      Mon, 16 Feb 1998 14:47:21 +0000
From:      Karl Pielorz <kpielorz@tdx.co.uk>
To:        Michael Vlassis <mikesta@rocketmail.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Do you support PII's?

FreeBSD-Current supports SMP multi-processing - see the smp@freebsd.org
mailing list for more details (It would be worth asking to see if anyone else
is using a similar setup to the one you intend to run)...

The P2 is also supported (as indeed I think are pretty much _all_ x86 CPU's
from 386 up - inc. MMX etc.)

I don't beleive FreeBSD has any specific MMX optimisations / code yet, but it
will run very nicely on a P2...

If your going for the FreeBSD-Current remember it's not 'stable', and may not
be suitable for your requirements...

Regards,

Karl Pielorz