Date:      Sat, 26 Feb 2000 16:40:01 -0500
From:      "Crist J. Clark" <cjc@cc942873-a.ewndsr1.nj.home.com>
To:        Rick Knebel <rknebel@uplink.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Mail Relaying

On Sat, Feb 26, 2000 at 03:49:42PM -0500, Rick Knebel wrote:
> Hi,
> I haved a little mail server set up on my home machine and would like to allow
> relaying for a friend with multiple email adresses.
>
> Example- mpoler@uplink.com, mpoler@psghs.edu,  m.poler@ieee.org,
> 70253.2075@compuserve.net.
>
> How can I allow that specific person to relay and not everyone with uplink and
> compuserve.
> Where do I put the info and what is the syntax.

Does this friend have a static IP and DNS hostname? Then you could
just add his machine to relay-domains.

But your best option is probably an 'access' database. See
/usr/src/contrib/sendmail/cf/README if you have the source. You may
also want to look at http://www.sendmail.org. Look for documentation
of the access database.