Date:      Tue, 18 May 2004 10:26:16 +0200
From:      "Willem Jan Withagen" <wjw@withagen.nl>
To:        <freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   XFree86 vesa and radeon 9600  driver voor AMD64

Hi,

Was there any particular reason why the vesa is not included in the
ISO 5.2.1 CD package....

I have an ATI radeon 9600 video card, and that driver seems to be
the only one I can get X to work with on amd64....
Next to the fact that configuration of it, is horribly simple.
And thus would be a good target to get people quick online with a
simple XConfig.

I compiled the XFree86-4-Server port, and took the vesa driver out.
And uptill now it has worked flawlessly.

Now the radeon driver claims to know only other versions of the chip.
Any tweak to get it to accept my card anyways????

none2@pci1:0:0: class=0x030000 card=0x200217ee chip=0x41501002 rev=0x00 hdr=0x00
    vendor   = 'ATI Technologies'
    class    = display
    subclass = VGA