Date:      Mon, 4 Aug 1997 14:06:49 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Kenneth Merry <ken@plutotech.com>
To:        ponds!rivers@dg-rtp.dg.com (Thomas David Rivers)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Netscape & floating point core dumps?

> Just curious - has anyone figured out why Netscape 4.01b6
> dumps core all the time, with a floating point exception?
>
> Here's what I understand:
>
> 	1) Someone said it wasn't particular to FreeBSD,
> 	   that 4.01b6 has the same problem on BSDI.
>
> 	2) There is a kernel change that has been suggested
> 	   in this forum - does it work; or is it not helpful?

	I'm not sure of the reason behind that problem, or of the
workaround for it.  I just used the Linux Netscape binary.  It works fine
under -current at least.  (probably works under 2.2.2 as well, I dunno for
sure.)

> 	3) I've seen one mention of 4.01b7 - but I can't actually
> 	   find it at ftp.netscape.com - is this available yet?

	Look on ftp23.netscape.com.  It hasn't made it out to all of their
other ftp servers yet.  So far, it seems to be pretty stable.

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry
ken@gt.ed.net