Date:      Fri, 25 Aug 2000 18:06:42 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Dru <genisis@istar.ca>
To:        Billy Breland <ras-man@netdoor.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CD-ROM mounting errors

On Sat, 26 Aug 2000, Billy Breland wrote:

> I am having problems mounting a cd-rom.  Below is my sys info, and error messages:
>
> FreeBSD 4.0 Release
> I am logged in as root
> I have tried to mount the cd-rom using:
> mount -a, (after removing the "noauto" from fstab)
> mount /dev/acd0 /cdrom
> mount -t cd9660 /dev/acd0 /cdrom
> mount -t cd9660 -o ro /dev/acd0 /cdrom
> all these commands end with;
> cd9660: No such file or directory, (I went to /sbin and mount_cd9660 is present)
> Any ideas?

You should keep /etc/fstab the way you found it as it's ready to mount
cdroms; the noauto flag is a good thing.

As long as you have the entry in /etc/fstab,

mount /cdrom

will do it, as long as you're root and you're trying to mount a data
CDROM. You may find this article useful:

http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/bsd/2000/07/05/FreeBSD_Basics.html

Cheers,

Dru