Date:      Tue, 30 May 1995 18:40:40 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@Glue.umd.edu>
To:        "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@kryten.atinc.com>
Cc:        Mark Hittinger <bugs@ns1.win.net>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG

On Tue, 30 May 1995, Jonathan M. Bresler wrote:

> On Tue, 30 May 1995, Mark Hittinger wrote:
>
> > It may be worth bagging the mailing lists entirely and going for newsgroups
> > instead.
> >
> > It means you've hit the big time :-)
>
> 	i have just sorted the addresses in hackers to rationalize mail
> delivery.   all addresses in the same domain have been collected together.
> the order of delivery is now: addresses local to freefall; addresses
> local to cdrom.com;  the rest of the world in ascii sort order.  (the
> sort is based on top level domain, then sub-domain, and so on)
>
> 	this should speed up mailing list processing

Good work.  I, for one, would not like to see the mail list go, becuase
the noise level on the usenet newsgroups is way too high.  Too many folks
just interested in flame wars over stupid topics.

7608 Topton St.             |
New Carrollton, MD 20784    | I run Journey2 (Freebsd 2.0) and n3lxx
(301) 459-2316              | (FreeBSD 1.1.5.1) and am I happy!