Date:      Sun, 23 Feb 2003 18:52:59 -0600
From:      Len Conrad <LConrad@Go2France.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   booting from Promise tx2000

fbsd 4.7 release

no drives on motherboard ata channels

one ATA Master drive on each TX2000 IDE channel  (no Array is defined, we=20
just want two independent disks for now)

fbsd cdrom boots, finds the disks and installs fbsd.

we choose boot manager because we typically have our system fail to boot=20
without boot manager (fbsd 3 and 4 has has this pb) so we always install=20
boot mgr and live with the additional timeout.

booting never gets to fbsd boot mgr menu.

we=B4ve disabled a bunch mobo i/o devics we don't need and can see no PCI=
 IRQ=20
conflicts.

any ideas?

Len