Date:      Fri, 13 Jul 2001 11:38:33 +0800
From:      Wing <h9907237@eee.hku.hk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   WaveLAN drivers

Dear Sir,
   We are a research team on WaveLAN tachnology in the Department of
Electrical and Electronic Engineering in the University of Hong Kong in
Asia. We use a Pentium III PC to act as a base station. This PC has
FreeBSD version 4.2 installed and has Lucent WaveLAN PC card inserted.
However, we met a very big problem here. We can't find any drivers and
related software for the WaveLAN card on FreeBSD 4.2 platform. As a
result, the WaveLAN card cannot function at the base station.
    We've performed a typical installation of FreeBSD 4.2 with reference
to the following materials.
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/index.html
    I would like to ask does your FreeBSD 4.2 package contains drivers
for WaveLAN cards. If yes, where can we download it and could you
generously give us a simple guide to install the WaveLAN card and
adapter to make it function?
   I'm very very sorry to disturb you so much and thank you very much
for all your attentions! I look forward to receive from you.

Regards,
Wing (Research team member in HKUEEE)