Date:      Tue, 22 Jun 2004 16:16:13 -0700 (PDT)
From:      pradeep reddy punnam <prady_p@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   regarding psignal()

Hi,

i am modifing my ../netinet/ip_input.c code so that kernel can inform a user process about the arrival of a packet, i want to use signaling mechanism for this , i know the pid of the process to which the signal should be send, i am looing for exact function that can help me in sending SIGIO to procss...
i tryed to use the kill and psignal functions but the system going  panic when the packet arrives...may be my use of the fuctions is wrong...
somebody tell me what functions are suitable to call for such a situation....
thanking you...

--prady.