Date:      Mon, 12 Jan 1998 09:23:22 +0100 (MET)
From:      Dirk-Willem van Gulik <Dirk.vanGulik@jrc.it>
To:        "Michael T. Gray, met" <mtg@dmi.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: First UNIX, almost ???

It is installed by default. If not edit your

	/etc/inetd.conf

file and check that the line

ftp   stream  tcp  nowait  root /usr/libexec/ftpd ftpd -l -l -S -A

is not '#'-ed out. Do a kill -1 `cat /var/run/inetd.pid' to reload
it and

a "netstat -a | grep ftp" should give
tcp        0      0  *.ftp                  *.*                    LISTEN

or just do "ftp localhost"

Dw.

On Sat, 10 Jan 1998, Michael T. Gray, met wrote:

> Hello FreeBSD,
> 	I have just built my first FreeBSD box. I have installed Apache for my
> Web Server Software. It works!!
> 	Now, I need to FTP my HTML pages over. In the future, I would like to
> give web space to my users. Any ideas for a good FTP Server program?
> 	Thanks in advance for any suggestions you might have. :-)
> 			Thanks, MTG
> --
> *************************************
>          MTG EnterPrizes
>   Email: mtg@dmi.net
>   Smail: PO Box 9261
>          Nampa, Id 83652-9261

http://cils.ceo.org                         http://enrm.ceo.org
dirkx@technologist.com                     Dirk.vanGulik@jrc.it
+39 332 78 0014       +39 332 78 9549       fax +39 332 78 9185
ISEI/ESBA;                     The Center For Earth Observation
Joint Research Centre of the European Communities, Ispra, Italy