Date:      Sat, 18 Sep 1999 20:54:53 EDT
From:      "gregory kinney" <mycotropic@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   multiple NIC cards

Hi all;
I am installing 4.4 on an ancient 486/66 with two ancient 3com 3c905 PnP
cards.
This is to bridge two systems that currently cant share files localy(and to
teach me how to install and run this OS).
One net is DHCP, the other is static.

we got the DHCP card up and running as ep0.

now we plug in the other card - the kernel finds both cards at 300, loads
some stuff and then hangs.

pleas advise how to get the other card recognized as ep1 on a different
interupt.

(i am betting that you recompile the kernel with the other card defined and
addressed)

thanks a whole lot

greg kinney