Date:      Wed, 30 Aug 1995 07:24:16 -0700 (MST)
From:      Stephen Waits <swaits@pr.erau.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   (iij)PPP server callback?

I've gotten a PPP link between work and home working well, thanks to
several from this list.

Now, for  my next challenge.

I need the work, FreeBSD machine, to dial (actually "callback") my home
machine (which is either Trumpet/win3.1 or Win '95).

I've successfully gotten this to work in "ondemand" (-auto) mode, but
that means any ping can set the work machine to dial me at home (unless I
set up some filters, etc).

I'd like to be able to do this:

Dial the FreeBSD machine at work, login as user 'callback'.  Hang up, and
wait for the FreeBSD machine to dial me back with /usr/sbin/ppp..

ANY TIPS?  TIA,

--Steve (http://pr.erau.edu/~swaits)