Date:      Wed, 4 Oct 2000 13:51:45 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Donn Miller <dmmiller@cvzoom.net>
To:        Jordan Hubbard <jkh@winston.osd.bsdi.com>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org, bde@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ext2fs support for writing - what's the verdict?

On Wed, 4 Oct 2000, Jordan Hubbard wrote:

> As most people probably know, you can't write on ext2fs filesystems
> with any of the "newer" Linux distributions, like Red Hat 6.2 on
> up.  The filesystem mount refuses r/w permission with the message
> "WARNING: R/W mount of #<dd/min#> denied due to unsupported optional features"
>
> Do we plan to do anything about that?  Heck, I'm not even sure who
> maintains ext2fs these days - bde maybe? [hopeful facial expression] :-)

I think you can manipulate those features somewhat from FreeBSD with
tunefs, but I don't know how.  Alexander Viro said something about this on
comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc.  In Deja, I would do a search in CUBFM for
Alexander Viro and ext2fs.  I kinda wish Viro would read this list, as he
seems to be an expert on areas common to both FreeBSD and Linux.

- Donn