Date:      Mon, 24 Feb 2014 12:56:39 +0400
From:      Michael BlackHeart <amdmiek@gmail.com>
To:        Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org" <freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org>, freebsd-stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: WiFi configuration

> Hi
>
> all you need is:
>
> interface=wlan0
> driver=bsd
> ssid=CACHEBOY_11N_1
> wpa=3
> wpa_key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
> wpa_passphrase=PasswordGoesHere
> wpa_pairwise=CCMP
> ctrl_interface=/var/run/hostapd
>

> I haven't tried running the wifi with an mtu greater than the default
> (1500). Why are you trying to do this?

As far I understand MTU 2290 is native to wireless/ath/freebsd driver.

Look at this
ath0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu 2290
ether cc:b2:55:00:68:1f
media: IEEE 802.11 Wireless Ethernet autoselect mode 11ng <hostap>
status: running

But when freebsd creates wlan0 it's lowered to 1500. I tried with another
ath WiFi card this way - worked fine with 2290 MTU in a bridge. BTW 2290 is
max value, but it seems than noone looked into wifi MTU under freebsd,
theoretically it could be about 7k to 9k - normal jumbo frame. 2290 is some
kinda way of baby jumbo frames - they're slightly bigger than 1.5k.

So next is the bridge. By default bridge uses the MTU of a first member, so
if it will be a stock ethernet i-face so it'll be again 1500.

If you're asking me why am I to use increased MTU - I see it reasonable.

--
amd_miek
Think different.