Date:      Mon, 05 Apr 1999 15:24:31 -0700
From:      Darren Pilgrim <dpilgrim@uswest.net>
To:        Nik Clayton <nik@nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk>
Cc:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>, junkmale@xtra.co.nz, FreeBSD Documenters <doc@FreeBSD.org>, advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Another Installation Guide [was: FreeBSD Advocacy]

Nik Clayton wrote:

> How do,
>
> [ I've cc'd this to -advocacy, where a lot of the discussion still seems
>   to be happening ]
>
> On Mon, Apr 05, 1999 at 01:23:02PM -0700, Darren Pilgrim wrote:
> > Kinda.  What got to me was the idea that if I wanted any support from
> > FreeBSD at all, I would have to abandon my original prime objective;
> > in which case it would be more productive for me to abandon the
> > project altogether and volunteer for the FDP.
>
> I've been trying to stay out of this, because I know that I'll only end
> up writing an incredibly lengthy e-mail that'll just spawn another
> round of long messages.  But everyone else is having their two cents
> (or whatever the local denomination is), so I may as well have a go.
<mass snippage>

Lengthy?

Why didn't anyone tell me any of this sooner?  Anyway, working on the
Handbook isn't out of the question, just not the first part of the
project as_I_see_it_.  It wouldn't surprise me if at least some part
of the project's product gets incorporated into the Handbook.  If it
does, it only makes sense that I be part of that process as well.  If
it's going to replace/supplement anything, it would be Jordan's
booklet that comes with the CD set, that is, after all, my original
intention.

As for the "disappearing acting" people think I'm going to pull
(partly due to my e-mail about not replying to messages anymore), I'm
going to return, I just want to isolate myself long enough to think
straight, get my ideas on paper, then possibly revise them per the
suggestions of others.  But I can't do that at all if I'm continuing
the cascades.

--
dpilgrim@uswest.net           /\  / __         Our lies are merely the
gryph@mindless.com           /  \/OC/URNE       truth of another world