Date:      Thu, 08 Nov 2001 16:16:25 -0800
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   HEADS UP: cvs repository surgery

Some history revisionism has taken place in the src/contrib area as part
of making way for the next gcc update.

Do not be alarmed when you see your next cvsup output (in cvs mode, not
-checkout mode).

I am aware of a couple of minor problems, but I dont think they break
anything  But if something (eg: cvs, cvsup, etc) does break, I need to know
about it.  cvs or cvsup doing 'fixups' or reporting checksum errors is
expected and should only happen once.  ie: it should be recovered from
automaticaly and NOT happen next time.  I only want to know if:
  - something is corrupted
  - cvs or cvsup or some other tool crash or report persistant errors
  - source is corrupted, particularly in RELENG_4.

Yes, there are some intentional differences between gcc and gcc.295 etc due
to some commits being deliberately left out.

Cheers,
-Peter