Date:      Mon, 25 Aug 1997 15:24:56 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Thomas David Rivers <ponds!rivers@dg-rtp.dg.com>
To:        ponds!lakes.dignus.com!rivers, ponds!sdf.com!tom
Cc:        ponds!freebsd.org!freebsd-hackers
Subject:   Re: Two issues with 2.2-970825

Tom Samplonius <dg-rtp!sdf.com!tom@ponds.dignus.com> writes:

> On Mon, 25 Aug 1997, Thomas David Rivers wrote:
>
> > I just grabbed the ssys distribution (kernel sources) from
> > releng22.freebsd.org and rebuilt it using my existing kernel
> > configs... (from 2.2.2)..
> >
> > I've discovered two problems:
> >
> > 	1) I can no longer mount my SCSI cd-rom; it pops back
> > 	   with "invalid argument" - although the probe
> > 	   said it was there, and the directory was there (I'm
> > 	   using the 2.2.2 mount_cd9660.)
>
>   You need the new mount sources too.

 Hmmm... okaley-dokaley; I'll give that a try.

> > 	2) IPFW divert seems to have gone south...
> > 	   Here's the message I get (again, using the 2.2.2 ipfw):
> >
> > 	    Aug 25 11:47:31 ponds /kernel: ip_fw_ctl: neither in nor out
> >
> > 	   However, the line that generates this is:
> >
> > 	    ipfw -f add divert 32000 ip from any to any via sl0
> >
> > 	   I thought with "via XXX" you didn't need an in/out argument...
>
>   You need the new ipfw sources too.

 Well - I grabbed the new ipfw sources - they don't compile on
my 2.2.1+ box... looks like I'm in for a complete upgrade if I want
to do this...

 I did try to make the changes to netinet/ip_fw.c to simply
set "both" (and print the message) but that didn't work.  I'm
guessing some of the ioctl() values have changed...

	- Dave R. -