Date:      Thu, 9 Jun 2005 16:19:49 +0100
From:      Paul Richards <paul.richards@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   nForce4 Ethernet

Hi,
I am running FreeBSD 5.4 (amd64) and I have been attempting to get my
nForce4 ethernet to work using the nvlan port.  Out of the box the
port did not recognise the PCI ID for the nForce4 and so I tweaked the
source to get the module to load.

The module now loads, I get an "nv0" device, and dmesg even shows the
nvidia driver detecting my card's MAC address.

When I configure the new device using ifconfig and attemt to ping
something however, I get a series of "nv0: device timeout(..)" errors
and nothing being transmitted.

Can I ask if anyone has been able to get this device working?  I am
confident in writing C but do not know the FreeBSD kernel at all,
perhaps it is obvious to someone what I need to change in the nvlan
port.  Would it be beneficial for me to upgrade from 5.4 to STABLE?

PS.  I previously posted about this problem to:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc/browse_threa=
d/thread/8ceb54a46bffa52a/3541ebb488b4d82e

--=20
Paul Richards