Date:      Sun, 16 May 1999 08:06:08 +0200
From:      Gunnar Flygt <gunnar@pluto.sr.se>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Enlightenment & gnome problems

I'm trying to use Enlightenment and gnome on my homebox running
3.1-RELEASE. It seems that enlightenment not runs so well in FreeBSD.
When using it in Linux it dumps core on some occations, but it keeps on
running, but in FreeBSD some things just won't work. The e-conf
application (which is not in the ports) to set the environment in
enlightenment craches completetly when I try to change desktops. The
other things work OK.

I also installed gnome from the ports. All seem to be working fine
except for the file manager. It just flashes by on the screen and
nothing more happens.

Has anyone got the same experience? Or any solutions?

I know that enlightenment is only at 0.15.5 version, but it seems much
more stable in the Linux laptop.

--
                           __o
regards, Gunnar       ---_ \<,_