Date:      Tue, 21 Jan 1997 06:02:33 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>
Cc:        www@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Congratulations!

I figured I'd just forward it and let the web folks decide what they
wanted to do with it, if anything.

I agree that most of these groups have pretty weird standards (and I
like the "Bottom of the web" award people, since they at least
acknowledge this fairly and squarely :-).  I've even been sent mail
telling me that my home page won some "Edmund G. Thurmond" or
"InterWebFocusWorld" award and I should please put pointers to them
all over my page in acknowledgement of this high honor.  Yeah, right! :-)

I think it's just picked at random, like the Publisher's Clearing
House Sweepstakes ("Dear Mr/Mrs Occupant, you may already be a
winner!")  and we should just ignore this stuff unless it comes from
some organization we've actually heard of, like WebPoint or the Klu
Klux Klan ("And in acknowledgement of all you've done for the cause of
white supremacy, we'd like to nominate your ...")

:-)
						Jordan