Date:      Fri, 13 Mar 1998 18:12:01 -0000 (GMT)
From:      Conrad Sabatier <conrads@neosoft.com>
To:        Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Yet another long overdue item

On 13-Mar-98 Randall Hopper wrote:

>  |awe0: <SoundBlaster EMU8000 MIDI (RAM24576k)>   <-- (Wheee!)
>
> Yeah, that's great!  I'm jealous (just got 2 Meg in mine).  Have to grab me
> a couple big'n'cheap 30-pin SIMMs at the Dayton ComputerFest coming up.

It's way fsckin' cool, I tell ya!  :-)  Gotta try and find the web site where I
once saw a 12 meg soundfont.  *That* should be interesting!

>  |Now, on to upgrading the AWE apps, too.  :-)
>
> Cool.  Wouldn't think there'd be too much there for the previously ported
> stuff. A few new includes or so.

Well, I checked 'em out, and the only one that's been updated is awemidi.  So I
went ahead and upgraded that on my machine.  Still wish it had a nicer file
open dialog, though (like, with all the dirs at the top of the listing, for one
thing).  Still, a very nice app overall.

> Speaking of AWE apps, I saw this fly by on the AWEDRV mailing list
> recently.  Sounds kinda cool, but I haven't tried it yet.  If you get there
> before I do, I'd be interested in what you think of it.

Thanks for the pointer.  I'll have to check it out, for sure.

One other "wish list" item: to have the UNIX MIDI plug-in for Netscape be able
to invoke tkawemidi instead of timidity.  But I haven't the faintest idea how
to go about doing *that* (anyone?).  :-)

--
Conrad Sabatier
http://www.neosoft.com/~conrads

And the Deep Thought of the Day (tm) is:

Think honk if you're a telepath.