Date:      Thu, 22 Jan 2004 14:53:53 +0000
From:      Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   remote X display

Hi all,

I have been looking all over for a concise howto for remote X on FreeBSD.  I
see some that involve changing config files in the xdm directory, others use
xhost, and another uses xfig, which doesn't exist under FreeBSD AFAICT.

All I want to do is use a laptop in a local network to be an X client
connected to a more powerful desktop machine.  I'm not worried about
security.

Is xhosts and the DISPLAY variable all I need?  Or do I need to go through
all of the xdm configuration hoops?

NOTE: Please CC me, as I am not currently subscribed.  Thanks.

jm
--
My other computer is your windows box.