Date:      Sat, 09 Jan 1999 14:19:33 +0000
From:      Mark Ovens <marko@uk.radan.com>
To:        Graeme Tait <graeme@echidna.com>
Cc:        justin@csad.coventry.ac.uk, Greg Black <gjb@acm.org>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Complete FreeBSD, 3rd edition

Graeme Tait wrote:

> > apropos "" > mylist
>
> Greg Black wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> > Why do all this {snipped], when a simple "apropos 1 8" will give you a
> > paged list of all commands in sections 1 and 8?
>
> Thanks - those do the trick!
>
> Now to categorize the commands ...
>
> (The above usages of "apropos" are not what you would call obvious from the
> man page!)

That's useful info to know. Perhaps the manpage for apropos needs
expanding?

> --
> Graeme Tait - Echidna

  Trust the computer industry to shorten Year 2000 to Y2K. It
  was this thinking that caused the problem in the first place.

Mark Ovens, CNC Applications Engineer, Radan Computational Ltd
Sheet Metal CAD/CAM Solutions
mailto:marko@uk.radan.com    http://www.radan.com