Date:      Wed, 10 Nov 1999 22:42:42 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Sunthiti Patchararungruang <stt@pluto.cpe.ku.ac.th>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem about Raw IP socket

Dear Sir,

I have to create a route program for my thesis. Its operation is different
from normal packet forwarding. Therefore, I need to forward all packets
instead of using normal packet forwarding in FreeBSD kernel. I capture
packets via Divert socket. It works well. I can grap IP packket including
its header. However, I use normal Raw IP socket to write the packets to
selected next-hop. I use socket option SO_DONTROUTE and IP_HDRINCL with my
Raw IP socket and use "sendto" to write packets with "sockaddr" set to the
IP of the next-hop-gateway. The sendto command always return error with
errno=22. How can I solve this error?

Thank you for all help.

Regards,
Sunthiti Patchararungruang