Date:      Mon, 22 Feb 1999 02:49:59 +0100
From:      "Karsten W. Rohrbach" <rohrbach@nacamar.net>
To:        "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@plutotech.com>
Cc:        dwmalone@maths.tcd.ie, r3cgm@cdrom.com, freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Unusual CAM Error w/FreeBSD 3.1 (tosha)

so maybe someone is willing to "invent" a joe user safe system for
automagically chmoding this stuff kinda (okay please dont hurt me) windows
nt style ("fixing system permissions") in a way more transparent way.
it could serve as a kind of tripwire-lite for looking after suid/sgid
binaries, some kind of system security manager for the userland. this
would increase popularity in my opinion. freebsd installation and
everything gets easier and easier all the time, but running system
management is still limited to 'vi /etc/something' which, imho, keeps
freebsd on the second choice place for
internet-newbie-but-me-wants-no-windoze-server people ;-)
if you look at yast (suse linux) or the redhat tools, they are a nice
attempt but not really a choice for everyday use, so maybe the freebsd
community comes up with something better :)

/k

Kenneth D. Merry (ken@plutotech.com) @ Fri, Feb 19, 1999 at 10:58:45AM -0700:

--
"The path of excess leads to the tower of wisdom." -- W. Blake
http://www.nacamar.de - http://www.nacamar.net - http://www.webmonster.de