Date:      Mon, 30 Jun 2008 14:16:11 +0200
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        arch@FreeBSD.org, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: HEAD UP: non-MPSAFE network drivers to be disabled (was: 8.0 network stack MPsafety goals (fwd))

Quoting Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.org> (from Mon, 30 Jun 2008 =20
09:27:11 +0100 (BST)):

> On Sun, 29 Jun 2008, Robert Watson wrote:
>
>> An FYI on the state of things here: in the last month, John has =20
>> updated a number of device drivers to be MPSAFE, and the USB work =20
>> remains in-flight. I'm holding fire a bit on disabling =20
>> IFF_NEEDSGIANT while things settle and I catch up on driver state, =20
>> and will likely send out an update next week regarding which device =20
>> drivers remain on the kill list, and generally what the status of =20
>> this project is.
>
> Here's the revised list of drivers that will have their build =20
> disabled in the next week (subject to an appropriate block of time =20
> for me):

Is this list supposed to be complete (including dependencies)? bktr =20
uses some I2C stuff and cxm (in ports) too.

Bye,
Alexander.

--=20
meeting, n:
=09An assembly of people coming together to decide what person or
=09department not represented in the room must solve a problem.

http://www.Leidinger.net    Alexander @ Leidinger.net: PGP ID =3D B0063FE7
http://www.FreeBSD.org       netchild @ FreeBSD.org  : PGP ID =3D 72077137