Date:      Sat, 30 May 1998 16:48:59 -0400
From:      "W.Tintemann" <113726.2410@compuserve.com>
To:        FreeBSD support <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   ELF Linux Emulation

Hello !

A year ago I bought a CD with your 2.1.5 FreeBSD Unix system and
got it installed. Especially the Handbook gave many good hints and was
extremely helpful. I found there the chapter about the Linux Emulation
and was able to run a.out-format programs. But I failed with ELF.

Now I bought a 4-CD set from Walnut Creek ( dated November 1997 )
with version 2.2.5. and Greg Lehey's "The Complete FreeBSD".
After a reinstallation I have the same problem with ELF. The message
is : " ELF unknown binary format. Error trap."
If I give a Linux-ldconfig -v command I see the word ELF mentioned in the
first column of the list of Library names.

Can you give a hint what I do wrong ? I was not able to locate till now
the ( fine ) Handbook on the CDs. So I followed the steps in Lehey's book.

Sincerely yours.

Wolfgang Tintemann
Kastanienweg 5
D-69221 Dossenheim