Date:      Sun, 05 Apr 1998 14:48:46 +1000
From:      Andrew Heath <drew@bluetongue.com.au>
To:        John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Memory Leak??? Apache, CGI, can't spawn child process

I'd like to publicly thank John, he has hit the nail right on the head.

I've no reconfigured the server, rebooted, and all seems to be running well.
Thankyou to the others who also pointed out other potential problems with the
system.

Below I have included the important data from his script before and after the
reconfiguration of /etc/login.conf

Before:
Limits:
file size           (512-blocks, -f)  131072
max user processes              (-u)  32

After:
Limits:
file size           (512-blocks, -f)  262144
max user processes              (-u)  256

Hopefully, we will be able to start having less problems now.

Cheers,

Drew
Blue Tongue Online Services - http://www.bluetongue.com.au/
Melbourne Internet Business Directory - http://www.melbourne.business.au.com/