Date:      Sun, 4 Aug 2002 11:28:03 -0700
From:      "Harondel J. Sibble" <help@pdscc.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   problems gettting Linksys WPC11 Ver3.0 working

Hmm....

Trying to get my Linksys WPC11 Ver 3.0 pcmcia nic working  under FreeBSD 4.5
to setup a wireless access point as per this Sysadmin article.

http://www.samag.com/documents/s=7121/sam0205a/sam0205a.htm

Here's my situation so far:

I've got an NEC Versa 6060 (P166) Laptop with 16mb ram and FreeBSD 4.5
installed.  I've recompiled the generic kernel with the necessary additions.
I've got a regular 100BaseT pcmcia nic configured and working. The problem is
I can'r seem to get the Linksys nic to the point where I can configure it.

/var/log/messages shows the following

Aug 3 14:44:09 mobilestuff pccardd[46]: No card in the database for "The
Linksys Group, Inc."("Instant Wireless Network PC Card")

and /etc/defaults/pccard.conf does have an entry for the card.

From checking out the FreeBSD-mobile list archives, I am still at a loss on
how to get this specific card configured.  I've seen messages going both
ways: some say they got it working without any issue while others say,
they've never been able to get it working. Another message suggested that, it
won't work with 4.5 but will work with 4.6 as a lot of work has been done on
wireless in the later version of the os.

Anyone actually got FreeBSD 4.5 working with this card and/or know what I
need to add to the pccard.conf file to have the card properly recognized?

I've tried the stanza from 4.6-stable (no real difference from what came with
4.5), but still no joy.

I've also done a pccardc dumpcis and created my own stanza, again with no
joy.

Help!
--
Harondel J. Sibble