Date:      Fri, 29 Oct 2004 15:26:45 +0300
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>
To:        Ion-Mihai Tetcu <itetcu@people.tecnik93.com>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: articles/cvsup-advance little question

--GZVR6ND4mMseVXL/

On Thu, Oct 28, 2004 at 09:25:03PM +0300, Ion-Mihai Tetcu wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 12:22:43 -0400
> Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com> wrote:
>=20
> > Ion-Mihai Tetcu wrote:
> > > I have the impression that our servers run now on UTC; if this is rig=
ht
> > > shouldn't GMT be changed to UTC ?
> >=20
> > I thought that GMT and UTC are effectively the same thing...?
>=20
> From a day-today practical use, yes. However I think they differ "a
> little bit". Now of GMT everybody has heard of while UTC is a rather new
> thing. Important is to be coherent in the documentation, imo.

You might be making the same mistake I made recently - confusing UTC
with TAI :)  IMHO, UTC and GMT are indeed one and the same, while TAI
adds the occassional leap second every couple of years.

G'luck,
Peter

--=20
Peter Pentchev	roam@ringlet.net    roam@cnsys.bg    roam@FreeBSD.org
This sentence contradicts itself - or rather - well, no, actually it doesn'=
t!

--GZVR6ND4mMseVXL/

--GZVR6ND4mMseVXL/--