Date:      Tue, 18 Jun 1996 10:49:31 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      "Christoph P. Kukulies" <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        david_jh@efn.org
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Filename for download

> I want to know which filename is the actual program of FreeBSD and the
> installation program ... this will save me some time.
> I have been searching through the FTP directories and can't
> find a single zipped file to download. If you could send me the file
> or tell me at least an ftp:// or http:// that would be great.
> Otherwise...I can't get your system/OS.
> Thanks for your help,
> Dave :)

Depends whether you want to install from DOS or boot directly from
floppy into the FreeBSD installation menu and load the rest of the
OS over the Internet.

If you have good net connectivity I'd recommend the latter.
For this get ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/2.1.0-RELEASE/floppies/
boot.flp.

You should also get the INSTALL.TXT and README docs.
If you're not of the faint at heart kind you may grab the
files from 2.2-190612-SNAP directory.