Date:      Sat, 26 Oct 2002 22:05:44 -0400
From:      Michael E Mercer <mmercer@nc.rr.com>
To:        Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: LimeWire crash gdb information

Hello All,

Unless I am mistaken, LimeWire under java_g crashed from a sysAssert call in
SIMPLE_INITFD macro defined in iomgr.c.

The only difference between the LINUX macro and the "else" is a call to sysAssert.

iomgr.c, line #217:
    sysAssert(fd_flags[newfd] == 0);

From what I gathered in the comments of the method trace, is the thread
never actually made it to full life.

jvm.c:
static void    /* first routine called in the new thread */
ThreadRT0(Hjava_lang_Thread *p)
{
    ExecEnv *ee = EE();

#ifdef TRACING
    if (trace) {
  jio_fprintf(stderr, "Started thread %p\n", p);
    }
#endif

    if (!unhand(p)->stillborn) {
  /* Otherwise this thread was asked to exit before it got to run */
        execute_java_dynamic_method(ee, (void *)p, "run", "()V");
    }
}

Well since I have no idea what is going on, is there anything else I can do to help?

later
MeM