Date:      Fri, 25 Aug 2000 18:23:16 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Emmette Hutchison <emmette@simons-rock.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   install hangup?

I have recently tried to install FreeBSD 4.1 on my hyperdata mediago 2000
laptop, (specs are at
http://www.hyperdatadirect.com/product/mg2000/mg2000spec.htm).
During kernel configuration I have conflicts between my PC-card controller
and some of the network card drivers listed. I tried to fix this by
removing unnecessary drivers, (and I tried removing all network drivers
once,) and assigning the NE2000 compliant one to IRQ 5. When I do attempt
to fix this the install hangs up after "plip0: <PLIP network interface> on
ppbus0". (if I just leave it as-is with the conflicts it hangs up after
"isa_compat: didn't get irq for lnc".)

Does anyone have any advice or know how to fix this? I've gone through the
archives and attempted to find info online, but I haven't found anything
helpful.

Thanks,
Emmette