Date:      Wed, 30 Mar 2005 10:15:07 +0100
From:      Richard Danter <richard.danter@ntlworld.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   portupgrade questions

Hi all,

I have a mixture of ports and packages on my system. Mostly ports, but
since my machine is not all that fast I decided not to compile things
like OpenOffice.org for obvious reasons.

I have two questions about portupgrade:

1. If I do "portupgrade -rR port" it will recompile the new version of
"port" and related ports as expected but it will also try to compile up
any packages that are dependent. Is there a way to tell it not to
upgrade packages, or to upgrade them using a new package?

2. If, when initially compiling a port, I specified options to make (eg
"make USE_MOZILLA=firefox install clean") how do I ensure that
portupgrade will use the same options?

Many thanks
Rich